Saturday, May 17, 2008

Acclimatizing

Wow it's been quite a few wild days I spent most of Wednesday last week blurry eyed from jet lag. After I had recovered on Thursday I decided to check out the Toyo Ito exhibition on at the Taipei Fine Art's Museum.

Friday I felt a bit I’ll, as they say I had the Deli Belly, I think it was a combination of too much Taiwanese food and been out in the sun slightly too long.

Over the weekend I went flat hunting in the Yongan Market area near the National library. If Taipei was London I would be living around the Waterloo area. After seeing about seven properties, I managed to narrow it down to three, which we thought were nice.

I think we are going to go for the one, which is about 3 minuets walk from the MRT (Underground). The building doesn’t have any outside charm at all! But as it’s quite old it has nice high ceilings and three Bedrooms up stairs with a roof terrace and two bedrooms downstairs with a balcony plus a big kitchen and quite a big sitting room.

And luckily the landlord who has recently bought the building hasn’t painted any of the rooms in crazy colours everything is a nice white, so we have a blank canvas. Mind you the only slight problem is it’s five stories high with no elevator so things could get hot and sticky walking up in the heat of the summer!

Labels: , ,