Sunday, July 26, 2009

九份 Jioufen

This weekend I headed with some friends too Jioufen, I have been there before in November 2007 but that was before I was blogging. When I was there last it was blissfully cold then compared to the stifling heat we had today.

Jioufen is located just outside of Taipei it's about an hour and half drive from the city centre, depending on traffic. The are buses which you can take as well, and it's definitely worth a visit as you have amazing views overlooking Taipei city and you can try out all the different tea restaurants, so it's really worth to spend some time going around the town ship.
















Across the bay.

Jioufen is really busy on the weekend what ever the weather so it's worth to try and visit mid week if you can.

















Snowy.

I also found a museum which I missed on my first visit. The artist who ran the mini museum make sculptures in clay of faces he had seen in his dreams or at least that was his story. I thought his are work was slightly odd and not my cup of tea, but it was only 50NT and gave a few good laughs.






















Faces.





















Pulling faces.


It was a long Sunday because afterwards we then drove on too Gongliao I think. Where we went too have some absolutely delouses sea food. By the time I got home I was completely shattered.

Cool rock formation waterfall, which you can see as you're leaving Jioufen, it's not that well displayed in the photo from my mobile but it's is worth a visit.




















I must remember to take my digital camera with me on these outings.

Labels: , , , ,