Thursday, May 22, 2008

Martyr's Shrine 忠烈祠

While taking the bus to Nihau, which is one of the major business districts in Taipei city I went to visit the Martyr's Shrine 忠烈祠, or at least I think that was the name of this monument.

It wasn’t a planned visit but I happened to see this place though the bus window so on the way back from Nihau I thought I would drop by. I have posted some photograph, which I took below.

Front entrance.

1000 Paving stones.

Taiwan flags.

Sanctuary tower.

Lovely roofs.

The guards.

Garden walkway.

The inner gardens.

Jungle portal

Around the back.

Traditional window patterns.

Also completely randomly when I was sightseeing around Nihau I was on my way to a coffee shop and I could hear this person shouting out my name really loudly a couple of times, but when I turned around I couldn’t see anyone.

As I was walking away I thought I could hear someone shouting my name again, but I though nah I am in Taiwan 12,000 miles away from the UK it must be some crazy Taiwanese person! Low and behold who comes rushing in to the café to say hello Jonathan B.

Labels: , , ,