Saturday, September 26, 2009

Train to Fulong

Today I though I would finally visit the beach at Fulong, it's one of the nicest beaches north of Taipei and really easy to get too. I took the train from Taipei Main Station, I think my ticket was about 100NT. The journey is about one and half hours and it's pretty interesting to look out the train window and see how the landscape changes as you leave Taipei. But if you're short on conversation a book or an iPod are recommended. I think the is the option of taking a faster train which gets you there in about an hour.







Fulong in perspective.

It's very easy to know when you have arrived at Fulong practically everybody gets off at that spot. Once you're there it's about a five minuets walk to the beach and you just have to buy a ticket for about 90NT and then you're in.














Slightly overcast but still nice and warm.

The beach was pretty nice and not very crowded when I went, the sand is pretty white and the sea was warm, the is a shallow reef so you can actually walkout quite far. You can surf at Fulong but I think the waves are better for body boarding.

All in all it was a great trip and I well try and visit there again when it starts to get warmer.















Entrance to the beach.














Leaving after watching the sunset.

Labels: , , , , ,