Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fabric Market 織品市場

Rita took me and my new house mate Judy, to the fabric market as I was desperate to get some colour  dies to revamp the colour in my Bench trousers and I also really need some Hydrogen Peroxide to make my whites, white again!

Colours, I am simply love the red and blue striped Cotton.

The fabric market itself was really interesting and it would defiantly be a textile designers wet dream. They had just about any type of fabric material you could think off and it wasn't to expensive too purchase what you wanted.

This was 1.5 meter of pure silk sheet for 600 NT that 12 pounds, amazing!
In the end I didn't buy any fabric, as I wasn't quite sure what I would use it for, but if my Mum ever comes to Taiwan I will take her here.

Not the fabric market! But very close and a great bit of rustic Formosa architecture which is sadly been lost, though new developments. But I guess that Taiwan always rolling with the new!

Labels: , ,