Thursday, October 08, 2009

Simply Star Stuck

I was on my way down to Taichung today for the Love & Money 50 years of creative Briton. In a nut shell the British Arts Council get various UK creatives to give presentation about them or there company and to promote Britons creativity.

The talk I was going to had Dick Powell talking about Design and Innovation and various others UK creatives. I knew I had to go too see the Dick Powell speech, maybe I would get the chance to talk to him plus he is one of my favorite designers in fact I think if I could turn out to be like any type of designer it would be him. I really do believed in what he talks about and what his company Seymour Powell stands for.













Entrance to the TDC Taichung, and miniature windmills it is!














Taiwan's new design mark, The Gold Pin.

In order to make the talk I pulled a few night shifts to get my work done and by Wednesday evening things were looking good. Come Thursday morning I was off down to Taichung to represent the design arm of AmTran. When I arrived at the Taichung Design Centre I realised they had a large exhibition on which was a surprise and I didn't really have much time to go around it as it was about 12 when I arrived and the talks started at 1.20pm.














LED lights by Process Design far right.














Slightly more of a student approach in layout I felt.

Feeling peckish I went off to find a restaurant, as I was walking around I saw a slightly colonial looking coffee house so I though I would check it out. As I entered low and be hold, there is Dick Powell, Deyan Sudjic and a few others waiting to have lunch. I though I am on my own so I might as well ask if I can join them for lunch I mean this is one of the cool things about been a foreigner in Taiwan, because you all have one thing in common you're in Taiwan!


I got introduced to everyone and I have to say everybody was really friendly, considering the heavy weights in the design world sitting at the table. They asked me what I was doing out here etc and instead of talking too much about TV design I told them about this company called Inscentinel I use to work for who train honey bees to find explosives though smell so I manage to hold my conversation fairly well.

The creative talks were all interesting in there own way, I also got the chance to talk to Dick and I have to say I was a bit star struck and did not really know what to ask!














The something about the fast train.














On the move.

Labels: , , , , , , ,