Monday, October 05, 2009

Saved by Havana's

It's been raining for most of the the weekend and still going strong today, so trying to dry any clothes in a damp climate is near impossible. I have also started to see why my apartment might not be so good to live in during the winter months as various damp patches are starting to appear through the paintwork.

I also nearly electrocuted myself this evening, when I was hanging up some washing, how I didn't put few hundred volts through my body was probably due to my rubber flip flops which earthed me.

It all happened as I was holding a steel bar which I had wedge into the side of the air conditioning support framing to act as a cross beam for holding the bamboo laundry poll. But as the steel bar touched the aluminum window frame the was a massive spark at the window edge and huge bag from the AC unit.
















I'm not sure how I didn't get an electric shock from Taiwanese dodgy wiring.

Labels: , , , , ,