Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hiking Around Yangmingshan

This weekend I got up very early to go hiking with George and freinds as he had oganiseed a special trip for Oni and Zou to see geisers and also visit the hidden hot springs.

We all had to meet at JianTan station at around 9am which is not massivley early, but when your not home from the office untile 3am it's not a vast amount of sleep you get. I smiled though my teeth as every body pitched up 30 minutest later.

Apart from that it was a tottaly awsome hiking trip. I think we were heading towards Chingtiangang grasslands ?


Oni, programing our route with the infamous battery eating GPS device.


Fog on the lens.

When we arrived it was very foggy and rainy, and I did wonder if my shell top trainers with holes in them was going to be a problem. But at least I had a good jacket and my body core was kepted warm which is the most imporant part.


Just double checking our route.

Enter the mist as you can see it was very foggy and raining when we set off, but kind of exciting as I love this weather almost give a spooky feeling to the trip.

A very muddy track and my foot wear did'nt stand up to well!

Slightly lost but just checking are route and altitude?

Found again as we headed of to the geisures and the weather had started to clear up.

Rather nice old bridge we crossed as we headed towards the hot springs.

Georg fully kitted out!


Some of the local vegetation, not sure what these are called but the leaves are huge.

The joys of modern technology in the rain.

The photo below should in large if you click on it. Photo taken somewhere around Chingtiangang area.

Labels: , , , , ,