Friday, May 08, 2009

Plaza & Malls

Today was quite cold in Irvine or at least I felt a little bit cold, I did drive down to the beach to have a look but I felt I should go on Sunday instead. My housemate Frank who I’m currently staying with said I should check out the South Coast Plaza as it quite good for sightseeing and do a spot of shopping.










Not the South Cost Plaza but the Spectrum centre, close to Irvine, similar thought.

As I needed a new pair of trainers I thought I would head over there. The one thing I have realized about California and especially Irvin is that everything revolves around Malls.










This is where everybody hangs out!

You do generally have these vast open spaces between everything and then you reach a Mall which is like the town centre where people congregate and then you drive on again and your back to gated community and office blocks. For me this is totally under and very culturally different as you have to drive everywhere to do anything.

Labels: , , ,