Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Disney Land

I never thought I would ever go and as a child I never really had the urge too want to go, but 24 years later I decided I should go and take a look and see what it’s all about.
















One of the center attractions of the park is the Disney Castle, it's a bit odd walking around as it seems so miniature.

It was actually my farther who twisted my arm and said I should go too see how professionally the place is run. Apart from finding it slightly tricky to find the Mickey and friends parking tower the rest of Disney was pretty will organized and all creepily too friendly.















For me going around the shopping area is interesting and good fun as the themed shop fronts I thought were amazingly detailed.

I went mid week as I thought the would be less people and only tourists wondering around, but I was totally wrong as it was full of school children who had just broken up for spring brake. Not only that but I had visited on possibly one of the hottest days in California the was not a could in the sky and this made it all very tiring walking around the park as the sun was so intense.
















Picturesque swan lake, I think?

I decided to visit the traditional Disney park as they have two theme parks. The one I went to see was the first park that Walt Disney built and the place is huge and quite good fun just to walk around and see the all the themed buildings and shops they have.








A rather big lake, complete with pirate ship in the back ground, you can just about see the masts!













The was also a museum dedicated too the last fifty years of Disney, this was very interesting to go around as you could see how the graphic style of mickey had changed over the years.

Disney is full of these vast man made structure imitating either the Grand Canyon or some snow ridden Antarctica.














The vast parking facilities, with electric shuttle buses to take us to Disney Land.


Labels: , , ,